Young people have rights too.
Whether you're full-time, part-time, permanent or casual
- you must be paid for all the hours you work
- you're entitled to a minimum rate of pay
- you can't lose your job because of your age
- you can ask someone to help you negotiate a workplace agreement
- you must have a parent or guardian sign your AWA if you're under 18.
Get more information on your rights at work by reading the Do young workers have special rights? fact sheet or by visiting the Workplace Ombudsman's website and following the links to their dedicated guide for young workers. You can also get free, confidential help from 1300 363 264 or www.workplace.gov.au
Click Here to Download the Know Your Rights - Fact Sheet