These terms and conditions apply to the use of the Digital Society Pty Ltd website at www.teenjobs.com.au (the “Site”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing or using the information and services available through the Site. In accessing or using the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
We may modify this agreement at anytime, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting the modified agreement on the Site. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with any other applicable terms and conditions governing the use of the Site.
In these terms and conditions, the expressions “We”, “Us” and “Our” refer to Digital Society Pty Ltd ACN 130 450 047
Copyright and Trademarks
All intellectual property rights in the information and other material appearing on the Site vests in and is the exclusive property of Digital Society Pty Ltd and its licensors. If We permit you to advertise on the Site you grant Us an irrevocable, permanent and royalty free licence to use any advertisement that has been submitted by you for placement on the Site or any other third-party website deemed reasonable by Us for the express purpose of generating user views and applications. You may not and must not allow or permit other parties on your behalf to copy advertisements, or to undertake site scraping or other similar activities unless you have obtained Our prior, express permission.
Information for personal, non-commercial use only
You agree that information contained on this Site is for your personal use only and may not be sold, redistributed or used for any commercial purpose. You may download material from this Site for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on this Site for establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication, except with Our prior written consent.
Right of Refusal
We retain the right to refuse, withdraw or require to be amended any information submitted via the Site, or any advertisement placed on the Site, that we deem to be illegal, misleading, offensive or in any other way unsuitable for publication on the Site.
You agree that during your use of the Site you will not intentionally make representations that are misleading or false. Your use of the Site shall be for personal or professional purposes only and you will not use the Site to store, send, distribute or publish any offensive information or unsolicited contact.
In addition, Employers/Advertisers agree that:
- They will only list one job position per advertisement unless otherwise agreed. The Company reserves the right to individually charge for any multi job listings that appear within the same advertisement. The Company also reserves the right to remove any advertisements that are in breach of this policy.
- They will not perform any refresh or reposting of advertisements purely for the purpose of restoring those ads to the top of any search listings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, they will only include branding on the Site that represents the entity with whom We have a contractual arrangement.
- Unless otherwise agreed, they will only have branding representation on the website in the categories in which they post job content in a calendar month.
- They may only use an external application link where this link directly takes the applicant to a definitive application form.
Information does not represent professional advice
You acknowledge and agree that information published by Us is intended to provide general information in summary form on legal and other issues.
We do not endorse or recommend any of the jobs, business or self-employment opportunities advertised on the Site and We strongly recommend that prior to entering into any agreement with any of the Employers or Advertisers on the Site, that you obtain your own independent legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Site or on the Internet generally.
In no event will We be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from the Site.
No guarantees of job vacancy
We give no guarantee to you of the continued availability of any particular job advertised on the Site and will not be liable to you should an advertiser have filled the vacancy at any time prior to removal of the advertisement from the Site.
Whilst We take all efforts to ensure that jobs advertised are for actual job vacancies, We give no guarantee to you that every job advertisement represents an actual job vacancy.
In order to be able to utilise some of the features on the Site, you must become a member. To become a member, you must complete your registration details in the manner described on the Site. We reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time if you breach these terms and conditions. You agree to ensure that your registration details are true and accurate at all times.
To become a member, you must provide a password and a login name. You are entirely responsible if you do not maintain the confidentiality of your password and login name. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your login name. You may change your password at any time by following instructions. You may also change your login by contacting Us.
You agree to immediately notify Us of any unauthorized use of your login name or any other breach of security known to you.
No guarantees as to the service
We provide no warranty to you that the services generally available through the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected. You also understand that We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant to you that files available for downloading through the Site or delivered via electronic mail through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
Imperfect delivery of service
We shall make every effort to post employers’ listings on our website and send email notices at the earliest opportunity. However no responsibility will be accepted for any delay in posting a listing or sending an email.
While every effort will be made to avoid errors in any listing posted to Our website or emailed to job seekers, no responsibility will be accepted for any errors. Employers are advised to review their listings for errors and notify us if any error is discovered. We shall make all reasonable endeavours to rectify any errors as soon as practicable after they are brought to our attention.
We shall use all reasonable endeavours to remedy any disruption to our website and services as soon as practicable, but we do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted, error-free or secure access to our website and services.
In the event that we are in breach of any applicable warranty or condition whether express or implied, our liability shall be limited to the supplying of the relevant service again, the payment of the cost of having the relevant service supplied again, or the refunding of any fees paid.
If you submit an advertisement to be placed on the Site, you agree to pay Us in full for that advertisement prior to its publication on the Site. We will not pay any refunds under any circumstances (except if required by a non-excludable law).
If you submit payment by using a credit card and that payment is unable to be made, for whatever reason, you agree that you will be liable for all charges and costs associated with resubmitting a request for payment or other means of making payment to Us.
You will at all times indemnify and will continue to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Us, Our related bodies corporate and respective personnel (in this section, "those indemnified") from and against all liabilities, costs, damages, expenses, claims, suits, allegations and demands, including, without limitation, all legal fees (incurred on a solicitor and own client basis), arising out of or in relation to:
- any infringement, or claim or allegation of infringement, of the intellectual property rights or any other proprietary rights of a third party; and
- any fraud, deliberate or willful misconduct or negligence or breach of these terms and conditions committed by you.
If any part of this agreement is held invalid that part shall be severed from this agreement and the remainder of this agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable.
Termination of this agreement will not end those provisions that are capable of surviving the ending of this agreement.
The laws governing this agreement will be the laws in New South Wales, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of its Courts and its Appellate Courts and the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Australia sitting in New South Wales.
Refunds on credit card payments will be made at the discretion of management.
Refunds will only be considered if our website does not successfully display your job in our search results or there is an error in the processing of the transaction.
No Refunds will be processed for a change of mind.
- The Advertiser is responsible for proof reading and checking advertisements to be placed on the Site. Each Advertisement posted by the Advertiser is current for a period of 30 days.
- As a condition of using any services supplied by Us, Advertisers must comply with the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986 (Cth) and all anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation applicable in the State or Territory in which they conduct business. Where an exemption to comply with the legislation has been granted, the exemption number must be included in the advertisement submitted to Us.
- We may review job advertisements prior to publication. We reserve the right to withdraw without notice to the Advertiser (at Our discretion) any advertisement that may in Our view be in breach of any clause of this agreement or of any law or regulation. We also reserve the right to terminate this agreement if the Advertiser posts any advertisement that may be in breach of any law or regulation. Further, We reserve the right to, in its absolute discretion, reject or remove any advertisement from the Site for any reason.
- Advertisers indemnify and will keep indemnified Digital Society Pty Ltd, its officers, employees and agents against all claims, actions, suits, liabilities, actual or contingent costs, damages and expenses incurred by Us in connection with:
- any breach of this agreement by the Advertiser;
- any negligent act or omission by the Advertiser;
- the listing or proposed listing of any advertisement by an Advertiser on the Site or any related site; or
- an actual or alleged breach by an Advertiser of any law, legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances or codes of conduct which occurs a consequence of the Advertisers advertisement appearing on the Site.
- The Advertiser warrants and undertakes that:
- it has the legal capacity and power to enter into this agreement and perform its obligations under it;
- advertisements and other works posted on the Site do not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- all files delivered to Us will be free of infection or viruses; and
- it will not use the Site for any illegal purpose.
- Advertisers agree at all times to deal with any information or products provided by Us or accessed from the Site in a manner which abides by all applicable laws of Australia, or of any other relevant jurisdiction (including, without limitation, privacy and copyright laws).
- Advertisers agree not to use the Site to post any pyramid scheme on the Site and also agree not to ask or require any candidate to pay a fee, charge, cost or any money whatsoever to apply for any job advertised on the Site whether such fee, charge, cost or money is asked or required of the candidate in the job advertisement itself or in any communication with the candidate that takes place as a result of a job advertisement placed on the Site.
- Advertisers must ensure that all advertisements posted to the Site comply with all applicable legislation, regulations, by-laws, ordinances and codes of conduct, including but not limited to the:
- Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth);
- Fair Trading Acts in all applicable States and Territories;
- Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the National Privacy Principles;
- Estate Agents Acts in all applicable States and Territories; and
- the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) guide ‘Misleading job and business opportunity adverts: how to handle them’. This publication can be accessed at http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/715525
- Advertisers acknowledge and agree that We act as a medium through which individuals seek employment opportunities and that We do not vet, nor are responsible for vetting job candidates or the representations made by them. We disclaim all liability for any loss, costs, damages or loss of profits sustained as a consequence of any Advertiser employing or engaging any person sourced through the Site.
- Advertisers understand and agree that the following actions constitute a new/additional job advertisement under this agreement: copying a job ad; reposting an archived or deleted job ad; extending a job ad beyond 30 days (known as "renewing" and this can occur on multiple occasions); changing a zone classification and refreshing any job posting. Refreshing is the process of deleting and re-posting the same or substantially similar job advertisement. In addition, Advertisers understand and agree that when you post ads on the Site via a bulk data import process, changing a job ad reference number also constitutes a new job ad. If an Advertiser is using a bulk data import process, the Advertiser must ensure that they understand the effect bulk data importing may have on renewing (refer to definition above) ads as We will count all new/additional job advertisements against the Advertiser’s account and will invoice the Advertiser accordingly. Changes to job ad body copy and ad title or location, work type, industry and occupation categories within the existing zone do not constitute a new job ad, regardless of the method used to post the ad.